Monday, November 28, 2011

PTTP Test and Practice Day

Power to the People Dead-lifts and Side-presses:
Where stated in the warm-up progression to a PR, I am using a simulated "Thick bar" with the help from a pair of Fat Gripz.

Fat Gripz - Thick bar training

200lb Thick-bar DL single x 2 (RPE: 4)
250lb Thick-bar DL single x 2 (RPE: 6: The grip is the weakest link when using the simulated thick bar. I almost lost it!)
300lb DL single x 2 (RPE: 7)
350lb DL x 1 (RPE: 9+: PR. I'll use about 50% of this 1RM but with the Fat Gripz to begin my next PTTP routine.)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets and hang on the pull-up bar.

Side-Press warm-up progression to a PR:
65lb SP x 2/2 (RPE: 4)
75lb SP x 2/2 (RPE: 6)
85lb SP x 1/1 (RPE: 9. PR.)
Rest 3 minutes between sets.

Floor-press Practice:
130lb FP x 3 (RPE: 5)
170lb FP x 2 (RPE: 7)
200lb FP x 1 (RPE: 8. Everyone of these is a PR because I have never floor pressed and it's been over 30 years since I can remember benching.)
130lb Thick-bar FP x 3 (RPE: 6. With a little less weight, this will be the place to begin a "same but different" PTTP routine.)

Tomorrow is a Rite of Passage (ROP) Test Day.

No comments: