Monday, April 1, 2013

DL Singles with Vodka & Pickles (15a)

I'm ready to follow a close format from the blog article "Kettlebells and Deadlifts Go Together Like Vodka and Pickles". Since I've been doing single and triple sets of dead-lifts recently, I extrapolated that I'm on "Workout 1" of week 3, which is 70% 1RM plus 10lbs. I'll be using all of the six basic movements throughout the week from Dan John's book "Intervention"; a push, pull, hinge, squat, carry, and "roll, kneel, and lunge". I'll post only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with a concentration on the prescribed dead-lifts while adding bodyweight pull-ups. Pavel said, "You are on your own with your upper body work". So, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'll do either five minutes of 32kg TGUs or moderate effort clean and presses of 3 ladders and 3 rungs (sets x reps: 3 x 1,2,3) superset with light renegade rows. All days will finish with either 32kg single or double 24kg swings, 32kg goblet or double 24kg front squats and then a farmer, racked, or overhead carry.

My goal is to dead-lift 370lbs (106% 1RM) on April 24, 2013 with a secondary goal of it being a "sort of max". No fooling!

Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's warm-up (reps x sets):
24kg TGU x 1/1 x 2,
GSQ prys x 3 x 2,
Swing x 10 x 3,
Rest 3 minutes.

255lb (73% 1RM) DL single and 1 BW pull-up on the minute x 15.
(RPE 6.)

32kg GSQ x 5 on the minute x 3,
40kgL/36kgR Farmer Carry x 60 feet,
Switch,
36kgL/40kgR Farmer Carry x 60 feet.
(RPE 6.)

No comments: