Thursday, April 2, 2009

MVO2 Session 4

15:15 MVO2 protocol:
16kg x 8 reps x 40 sets

This is just a little more than what I had "planned", as I am practicing this objectively measured protocol by using my subjective feel. My last session, #3, felt very intense, RPE=19 (Rate of Perceived Exertion) using the 15-Point Borg scale. This session, RPE=17, I felt I could have done a few more sets but didn't want to push it. Haven't we all been a little too enthusiastic and over done it?

The factor(s) for reasoning or the reason(s) for factoring the how and why intensity differs from day-to-day is Greco-Danish to me, but I do understand that all variables matter and the mind and body are connected. :)

Sources:

Report on Perceived Exertion (PDF)

Borg Scale

Differences in self-reported perceived and objective measures of duration and intensity of physical activity for adults in skiing.

Acute exercise and positive effect: an investigation of psychological processes leading to affective change.

Effects of acute bouts of aerobic exercise of varied intensity on subjective mood experiences in women of different age groups across time.

No comments: