Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some days aren't for swinging.

They're just for healing through.
In the early 90's, an "old" lower back tweak from improper lifting of hay bales and irrigation pipe while at work put me on my knees for a couple days along with eight hours of excruciating pain that laughed at the ice and heat I applied. I got over it with better lifting techniques and "exercise". Movement is what really helped since most days I am sitting in a tractor.
Too bad I didn't know then about "proper" movement and remember while working late this Tuesday afternoon. I re-tweaked my back again by lifting a farm implement unsafely. Well, I was able to move, but waited until today to add swinging because I was pain-free. Also, today I added the 16kg for a few TGUs.

Tuesday and Wednesday at noon:
10 minutes of mobility with Z-health NWU Level 1
Brettzel 3 easy breathes per side
3L&R Reps of 16kg armbars
3L&R Naked Get-ups (RPE 15 both days)
12 minutes of beginner's Eischens Yoga (RPE 17 both days)

Noon today:
Follow Along Z-health R-Phase
Brettzel 3 breathes per side
3L&R Reps of 16kg armbars
3L&R 16kg TGUs (RPE 16)
24kg swings x 20 on the minute x 8 (RPE 17)
12 minutes of beginner's Eischens Yoga (RPE 16)

No comments: