Monday, June 3, 2013

Vodka & Pickles (65%)

I'm going back to "Kettlebells and Deadlifts Go Together Like Vodka and Pickles" and see how I compare my past RPE numbers with current numbers. If my current numbers remain the same or less, I’ll continue. If above the past numbers, it’s time for a change. It'll be about a couple weeks before I get into my past recorded numbers to do that comparison.

I'll be using Tim Anderson and Geoff Neupert's "Big 5" from their book, Original Strength (OS) as the first part of my warm-up and last part of my finisher. This makes my Operating System feel good!

Warm-up (reps x sets):
OS-Big 5,
24kg GSQ x 3 x 3,
Swing x 10 x 3,
(RPE 3.)

Deadlift:
230lb (65% 1RM) DL single on the half-minute x 15.
Double overhand and mixed grip.
(RPE 6.)

Squat:
32kg GSQ x 5 on the minute x 3.
(RPE 6.)

Finish:
48kg/40kg Farmer Carry x 60 feet,
Switch,
40kg/48kg Farmer Carry x 60 feet,
OS-Big 5.
(RPE 6.)

No comments: