Monday, October 27, 2008

ROP Light day with the New RKC Snatch Test

Rest periods were 1:00 between ladders and I chose not to use the 32kg for first rungs because I wanted to do the New and Improved RKC Snatch Test. My goal for my current weight is about 82 reps. See first impression comments below.

24kg C&P + Pull Ladders

5 ladders
3 Rungs

Pull ladder type:
1 Thumbless pull-up
2 Close-grip pull ups
3 Chin-ups

New RKC Snatch Test Goal (82 reps)
9L&R on the minute x 2
8L&R on the minute x 3
Total = 84 reps

My first impression of the new protocol is that it was much easier on the grip, but I may have 'cheated' on the motionless top position by rushing through. I had about 12-15 seconds remaining on the minute to 'rest', which was nice! I can see where it would be tough to remain motionless, count, and breath if you don't have the proper equipment and/or technique. So, that's where a Gymboss and low repetition sets can help a little and a video camera would help a lot. I plan on doing this many more times in the future. My lungs will appreciate it very much!

No comments: