Monday, June 22, 2009

ROP Light with 3-minute Ladders

It's been almost three months since I have done the ROP. This time, I am going to focus on the snatch rather than my previous goal of using the 32kg for 5 ladders of 5 rungs. I want to get back to the standard 100 reps in 5 minutes then eventually 200 in 10 with the 24kg.

This morning's mobility:
Z-health NWU Level 1

This afternoon's stretch and warm-up:
Brettzel, 16kg RKC Armbars, Face the wall squats, 16kg Halos, and Pump stretches.

ROP
24kg C&P + Pull Ladders

5 Three-minute ladders
3 Rungs

Pull ladder type:
1 Pull-up
2 Close-grip pull-ups
3 Chin-ups
(RPE 17)

5-minute rest

Sporadic feel for the snatch.
24kg Snatches:
10L&10R on the minute (Too much. I'll never last.)
10L on the minute (Feeling better)
10R on the minute (Much better)
10L on the minute (Too easy)
10R on the minute (What should I do?)
10L on the minute & overhead rest (OK. How many more?)
10R on the minute & overhead rest (This isn't too bad)
10L on the minute & overhead rest (Well, maybe this is tough!)
10R on the minute & overhead rest (Yup, it's tough!)
Good enough. (RPE 18)

Cool Down:
Eischens Yoga for Beginners (RPE 16)

No comments: